Take a tour of this Georgian mansion, constructed in 1739 by Anthony White and his wife, the daughter of New Jersey's Royal Governor Lewis Morris. The Jersey Blue Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution now administers tours and cares for the mansion which was deeded to the city in 1911.
Telephone: 732 745 5094
Surrounded by a pre-Revolutionary cemetery and cast iron fencing, Christ Church was built in a Gothic Revival style in 1745 and rebuilt in 1852 using the original brownstones. The historic steeple and unique, hand-made 24 stop mechanical action pipe organ make this a sight worth seeing.
First Reformed Church
Also known as the "Town Clock Church," the First Reformed Church is located in the historic commercial center of 19th century New Brunswick, Hiram Market. Located at Neilson and Bayard Streets, the First Reformed Church offers guided tours by appointment.
Telephone: 732 545 1005
New Brunswick Theological Seminary
Founded in 1784, New Brunswick Theological Seminary is the oldest seminary in the United States.
Gardner A. Sage Library
The round-arched design of the original library of the New Brunswick Theological Seminary is of Romanesque, basilica design, with clerestory windows. A boulder on the grounds commemorates the site of a British redoubt during the occupation of New Brunswick.
Telephone: 732 247 5243
Henry Guest House
Originally located on Carroll Place between Livingston Avenue and George Street, this Georgian stone farmhouse was built in 1760 by Henry Guest, a New Brunswick alderman and an associate of President John Adams. Located at Livingston Ave. and Morris St., Guest House is available for meetings and special exhibits, and guided tours are given by appointment.
Telephone: 732 745 5116
Joyce Kilmer House
The famed poet and war hero Joyce Kilmer was born in this Greek Revival house in 1886 and resided there until 1892.
Telephone: 732 745 5117
New Brunswick Fire Department Museum
Arrange a guided tour of this remarkable collection, including memorabilia and artifacts that trace the long and illustrious history of New Brunswick's Bravest – from photographs of fire fighters and fire scenes to authentic antique firefighting equipment, department logs and medals.
Telephone: 732 745 5167
Congregation Polle Zedek
The congregation was founded in 1901 and is presently commemorating a century of service to the Greater Middlesex County Jewish Community. The Byzantine-style orthodox synagogue was constructed in 1923 and inscribed into the National Register of Historic Places in 1955.
Telephone: 732 545 6123